Business owners and marketing managers are always facing new challenges as well as demand to generate leads and more sales.
Yet, whilst delivering the marketing strategy and plan are at the forefront of marketing activity, generating and nurturing leads is also a core priority for many.
To help marketing managers, there is a way of streamlining processes to complete workload more efficiently, which also offers additional business benefits and added value and this is... marketing automation.
You could say it's an opportunity to get all your ducks in a row!
What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation refers to software which automates your marketing processes.
Of course, it’s not as simple as ‘we’ll buy this software, and it’ll do the work for us’.
It is a tool which can be utilised to streamline your marketing efforts, which is also great for lead generation, lead nurturing, lead conversion and much much more!
Why should I consider marketing automation?
There are lots of fantastic benefits when implementing marketing automation in your business. However, these can vary depending on what you are using the software for i.e. email marketing, document downloads, website forms, multi-channel campaigns, paid advertising campaigns, CRM or other.
Ultimately, the more you put in, the more you will get out, and this rule certainly applies in marketing automation.
Below you will find a snapshot of some of the benefits of marketing automation:-
- Increase customer lifetime value, via upselling and cross selling
- Ultra-targeted marketing from useable data, generating more leads/sales
- Increase revenue from ‘more’ converted leads
- Improve accountability by person/department
- Reduce staff costs, letting the software do tasks automatically from a trigger
- Better reporting, showing what customers want and don’t for future planning/decision making
- Keeps your CRM up to date will all communications, including marketing such as website visits or engagement with documents such as downloads
- All marketing tools in one place
- Multi-channel marketing from one place
- Effective time management
- Allows creativity
- Prioritise activities based on report data
- Re-use content at different times
- Sales team can use central information for follow ups / calls
- Receive personalised communications
- Get information about products and services which they are interested in
- They get relevant information at each stage of their customer journey (dependant on your sales approach).
- Information is provided ‘when’ they want it
- Educated on specific topics
As you can see there are many benefits of implementing marketing automation within your business.
The software can vastly improve efficiency and revenue, yet, investment in terms of time and money are needed to get the most out of marketing automation.